Taiwan, willow, or flame moss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neontetra0131

Aquarium Advice Activist
Are these moss easy to grow without co2 just a strong light and water? Any advice or experience with these would help sorry for all these questions!!???

They should grow fine without co2, just a bit slower. You can attach them with things like thread, fishing line, superglue, or even use fine mesh to wrap them around stones/decor. Lots of people like to grow them SS mesh to create moss carpets. Without ferts and a carbon source (such as glut or Excel) though you'll likely be growing a ton of algae with a strong light.

Well how do I not create algae!? And what kind of mesh (post a picture) I want to put them on these rocks or make a carpet ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401670237.069225.jpg

Stainless steel mesh. Google it. You can also use plastic mesh that you can find in fabric or craft supply stores. Algae appears when there is an imbalance between light, ferts, and co2. We can help you more on this once you decide on a light to use.

Nice, I run the same on my ten gal. Are you going with mosses exclusively? There are quite a lot of plants you could grow with that light with just glut/excel and simple ferts.

Back
Top Bottom