Tank update, new plants, a bunch of pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, things are coming along nicely in my 20 with a big thank you to Jc!

Some close ups of the Anacharis
ana.jpg

junana.jpg

now can I clip some of the growth that is spouting off the sides and just replant it?

Some close ups of the Ludwigia
ludwigia.jpg

This little piece broke off so I planted it near the drift wood, Heath has come to check it out. Thought it was a cut pic
dscf4747.jpg

The large sword I moved from the 55 to here was in super bad shape and I had to remove all the leaves. But it has shot up a whole bunch of new ones right next to where the original leaves were
sword.jpg

And last but not least a full tank shot
tankud.jpg

I have decided I am going to paint my own background. (On posterboard or something)

Now all I have left to do is figure out how to control my green spot :?

go to azgardens.com and order some olive nerite snails. ask them verbally to use cheap/slow shipping. the snails will survive, the green spot will not. ;)

Nice pics - is the anacharis pearling? Your substrate is pretty; what is it? In the picture with Heath it doesn't look like the very dark black of the other areas of the tank. Kylie, my betta, was like that too - he checked out every new thing I put in the tank. I like the big rock behind the sword plant.

You should trim the ancharis and replant the trimmings. I started out with probably 10 stems of ancharis i have atleast double that now. Looks nice. Good work!

Meredith said:
Well, things are coming along nicely in my 20 with a big thank you to Jc!

My pleasure Meredith. :D Amazing, they look nicer in your tank than they ever did in mine...LOL. I should have mentioned you could clip the really large ones and replant them. But, everything is looking real good.

is the anacharis pearling?
These pics were taken right after a water change so I think they are just stray air bubbles that got caught.

Your substrate is pretty; what is it?
Black Tahitian moon sand. It does look like a light color in the pic, but it must have been the camera settings. It does not normally look like that.

you could clip the really large ones and replant them.

do I just clip them where ever? Like half way down the stem or is there a certain place I should cut? I will trim them this weekend. :D :D

Interrupting the photo period by 2 hours is supposed to reduce algae growth. So lets say, lights on for 5 hours, off for 2, and on for 5. A programmable timer would help with that.

Back
Top Bottom