Temp. and Co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jscoggins

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Question: Will the temperture of your home have an effect on how much co2 is produced, On a DYI system? If so what is the "right" temp?:confused:

Absolutely. The ambient temperature directly impacts yeast activity, with hotter temperature producing more CO2 than cooler ones. Changes in temperature throughout the day are one of the biggest causes of inconsistent CO2 levels with DIY systems. In general, room temperature is fine, but consistent temperature is better. All things considered though, it's just another aspect of DIY CO2 that you cannot control well, and in all honesty, it's not something I would devote too much time or effort in to control.

So there is nothing I can do really...do the pressurized systems matter as much on the temp? Does it fluctuat-spelling.. as much?

The reason im asking is...co2 was working great then all of the sudden I quit getting co2...changed the solution, the diffuser seems to be blowing hard but no co2 bubbles...I checked the lines, everything I could think of and still nothing...could the diffuser be on its last leg?

The diffuser came with the redsea DIY system from dr fosters...I have already had to replace it once, so it is known to go out...Anybody have any ideas I don't know about?:banghead:

the diffuser seems to be blowing hard but no co2 bubbles

What do you mean by this?

Most of the time when DIY CO2 systems that stop producing CO2, it's a leak issue or a clogged diffuser. What kind of diffuser comes with that set?

Back
Top Bottom