Thanksgiving has snails!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Copplanes

Aquarium Advice Activist
IMG_0038.jpg

Look at these guys!
I bought my plants from the sealed packages at Petco! Somehow these little bastards just popped up. I've had this tank set up for almost two months. My Betta, Thanksgiving, is still recovering from a barrage of illness, including fin rot. The tank is fully cycled, heated, aerated, and I do PWC about once a week.
I know these guys can be a big nuisance. I don't want them to take over the tank and I don't want them eating all my plants!
Any advice appreciated

View attachment 294011

Look at these guys!
I bought my plants from the sealed packages at Petco! Somehow these little bastards just popped up. I've had this tank set up for almost two months. My Betta, Thanksgiving, is still recovering from a barrage of illness, including fin rot. The tank is fully cycled, heated, aerated, and I do PWC about once a week.
I know these guys can be a big nuisance. I don't want them to take over the tank and I don't want them eating all my plants!
Any advice appreciated

I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure Melafix or primafix (medication for fin rot) if harmful to snails so you might be able to dose that. Snails should harm your plants depending on the type of snails. If anything they will keep your tank clean. I wouldn't do anything too major if your fish is sick tho. Make sure he's healthy before you nuke them with any harsh chemicals like h202 etc

They should not eat your plants. I have 3 types in my tank and have yet to see them eat any plants.
You could post an ad in the classified section. There is a market for ramshorn snails.

Back
Top Bottom