The design plan ?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwaterplaty

Aquarium Advice Regular
I Struggle all the time deciding what I want my tank to look like. I tell myself white sand and an empty modern tank is what I'm going for. But it always ends up looking so packed lol so now I just cut all my plants a lot. Will leave it till it grows abit then I plan on adding white sand over everything then some medium height and carpeting plants. . Any suggestions?! I have low light I think and use fluval flourish ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437161733.132537.jpg

A little more about my tank.. I have about 8 Amano shrimp 12 priscela tetras 5 male platys and 1 white Molly it's a 26 g bow front with a fluval c3 filter. I tested my water yesterday it was 0amonia 0nitrites 5nitrate ph7

I suggest learning a bit about proportion, there are lots of threads out there on aquascaping. You have lots of good components but the placement is pretty random!

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

I suggest learning a bit about proportion, there are lots of threads out there on aquascaping. You have lots of good components but the placement is pretty random!

+1. The Search feature will help you find appropriate threads.
Outside of the forum...Here is a link to an article describing the principles, essentials, fundamental rules, ratios, and styles when it comes to aquascaping: [URL="http://aquascapinglove.com/basics/getting-started-aquascaping/]Getting Started with Aquascaping[/URL]
One of the biggest challenges is upkeep. Plants grow (or die). Keeping up with the changes can be tough if you are trying to maintain a certain look. I've used hardscape only to watch it get buried in a jungle. Then I say "Oh, it's Dutch" in response to that. I also use that excuse when can't get around to mowing the lawn outside.
Good luck and happy scaping.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks. I made a few changes will post pics tomorrow

+1. The Search feature will help you find appropriate threads.
Outside of the forum...Here is a link to an article describing the principles, essentials, fundamental rules, ratios, and styles when it comes to aquascaping: [URL="http://aquascapinglove.com/basics/getting-started-aquascaping/]Getting Started with Aquascaping[/URL]
One of the biggest challenges is upkeep. Plants grow (or die). Keeping up with the changes can be tough if you are trying to maintain a certain look. I've used hardscape only to watch it get buried in a jungle. Then I say "Oh, it's Dutch" in response to that. I also use that excuse when can't get around to mowing the lawn outside.
Good luck and happy scaping.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks ! over the past 6 months I've learned what type of plant does the best with my fish water and lighting so I have no problems anymore with dead plant leaves etc. the plants growing like wildfire. I will post pics tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom