The GF's ADA 60-F - Shallow Rimless Build - Ohko Mountains

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well said Robby. Thank you! I'm happy to see her joining in on the fun. She's well studied and more artistically inclined than me so i think this is going to turn out well.

I got the 18" Ray 2 because i think a shorter fixture will look better being suspended over the tank. Plus being that it is suspended, the light spread will still cover all of the surface area of the tank. Besides, the 18" was cheaper than the 24"....lol
That makes sense! I agree that it will look nicer, now that I think of it.

LAYOUT 4:
Some minor changes but she's inching closer to the final hardscape before she tops it with UP Aqua Shrimp Sand and fills the channels with natural sand.

Her words, "Very minor adjustment of replacing the stone on the mid-right to something not so "overpowering" as in layout 3. I'm leaning towards this one. I've let it sit for longer than 24 hours without feeling the need for major adjustments"

iba3jeruYFDeCe.jpg

ikCY9NKJy1273.jpg

inR8UOqI0ZE1S.jpg

And here's a rendering of how she imagined it prior to undergoing the hardscape. She feels it will stray off course a bit from this as her hardscape has deviated a bit from it already.

izldcWxsjfo1j.jpg

Any critiques or suggestions?

Last edited:
I'm a bit late, but Following!

Definitely love hardscapes 3 & 4! They look amazing! I wish I had that kind of creativity

So...I guess I just now found this thread... :banghead: well I am now officially subbed to it! Yay. Gee Brian, keep this girl of yours, no chance you'll find another with such taste in this hobby as you do! :lol: Anyways, be-au-ti-ful! I like how the top stone would be breaking the water surface, I always liked that look. I cannot wait to begin planting it!:D sounds promising....

Haha!! Thanks Dan! I was waiting for your arrival... I wanted to see how long it would take without a personal invite! LOL

Yeah at first she wasn't really in to this hobby. When I heard about the guys who have to convince their wives to let them get another tank or what not, it sort of reminded me of me (well except for the married part). I'm ecstatic that she's found a liking in something else we can enjoy together. At her present pace, however, I think I'll be taking pointers from her soon! LOL

Edit:
I like how that stone will be breaking the water surface too. It would be funny to find a shrimp crawled up on to that peak one day...LOL This tank has a really interesting footprint. I'm diggin' it too... It has potential to even be used in some sort of Wabi-Kusa scape as well.

Edit 2:
Thanks Rafael! And thanks Kimlafeiet!

Last edited:
Haha!! Thanks Dan! I was waiting for your arrival... I wanted to see how long it would take without a personal invite! LOL

Yeah at first she wasn't really in to this hobby. When I heard about the guys who have to convince their wives to let them get another tank or what not, it sort of reminded me of me (well except for the married part). I'm ecstatic that she's found a liking in something else we can enjoy together. At her present pace, however, I think I'll be taking pointers from her soon! LOL

Edit: I like how that stone will be breaking the water surface too. It would be funny to find a shrimp crawled up on to that peak one day...LOL This tank has a really interesting footprint. I'm diggin' it too... It has potential to even be used in some sort of Wabi-Kusa scape as well.

Hahaha yes I have been kinda lazy on the forum lately lol, checking like every few days and such

Yeah man, I am at my limit of 4 tanks right now haha. I think If I brought another tank home the tank and myself would be out in the shed LOL. The only reason she is off to such a good start is cause she has been watching you all this time and your amazing scapes lol. Can't wait to see what y'all make out of this tank! :D

Alright...progress finally. Got the DSM, "Dan Start Method"going... I mean dry start method ;) underway on the HC! Haha... Now for patience...if we can only find any that is!

ForumRunner_20130512_115530.jpg

Alright...progress finally. Got the DSM, "Dan Start Method"going... I mean dry start method ;) underway on the HC! Haha... Now for patience...if we can only find any that is!

View attachment 173243

Ahaha, I'm such a role model, eh? :lol:

Yay! My HC took about a week or two to get all settled and then started growing well. Should be carpeted in no time! It looks amazing though, can't wait!!

Looks great! Cant wait to see how this DSM goes. I predict that when its up and running with shrimp and your gf is gonna get MTS lol

Thanks guys! Well in all honesty, my GF has more patience than me, so hence the DSM. If it were me, I'd flood it already :)

Thanks guys! Well in all honesty, my GF has more patience than me, so hence the DSM. If it were me, I'd flood it already :)
Can't wait til it grows in and gets flooded...it's gonna look good! While Dan may be a "role model" for going with DSM...don't follow suit with his CO2 abilities :hide: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom