thinking about adding plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danicalderon

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a bala shark and a silver dollar also i have white sand. can i add plants to it? What are the best and most common i was thinking of something that wont grow much, no more than couple of inches.

The easiest and pretty common plants, since they're found at petsmart/petco, would be java fern and anubias. Crypts and swords are also found there and are considered low light easy plants, but they can get tall, especially the swords.

Thank you, i think java fern will do i like. Now i have too see where they sale it here. Thank for the advice.

Lol... didn't realize you're in Guatemala. The mobile app doesn't show location of users like the regular browser.

Is the aquarium hobby popular there?

yeap well its growing but its hard to find some species that u find easily overthere. Also couple of good aquariums, then the rest of aquariums dont know much about the things they are selling lol, thats why i try to read a lot before i go get anything

Um Silver Dollars LOVE to eat plants ! So offer plenty of greens n veggies and try cheap plants first.

I fed ours, Romaine Lettuce, Blanched Zucchini, Shelled frozen/thawed Green Peas, etc...

Back
Top Bottom