thinking of starting new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noobaquarists

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello everyone i recently recieved a 29 gallon tank with a bunch of fish that im being told will quickly outgrow my tank. So now i'm thinking of Starting new getting rid of all my fish that i have right now and doing a planted aquarium, with driftwood and rocks. So my question is what type of plants/fish should i go with? I'm looking to have several fish and plant types but i dont want anything that will outgrow my tank.i also have a 10g tank that i can use for feeder fish if need be. I also would like to know what type of substrate i should use and how thick it should be. i appreciate any help you can give me

A lot of fish can go with plants. Just none that will eat them. What fish you want depends on what you want to do.

What kind of planted tank do you want? Low-light, medium-light, or high-light? That's a big determining factor in what you want to do and what plants you can or can't get.

You could do a pair of Black Convict Cichlids. They would guarantee you fry too!
Oh, and I would use that 10g for a QT/Hospital tank if I were you.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize you wanted plants. Convicts and plants DO NOT mix too well :)

dont really want convicts my friend had them b4 and had alot of problems with other fish and i wanna try to have a cpl diff species

A lot of fish can go with plants. Just none that will eat them. What fish you want depends on what you want to do.

What kind of planted tank do you want? Low-light, medium-light, or high-light? That's a big determining factor in what you want to do and what plants you can or can't get.

i have a 20w flueresent not sure what lighting class that falls into

Back
Top Bottom