This is what happens when you go away for 11 days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyCatsDrool

Aquarium Advice FINatic
img0515fn0.jpg

All better now, with some filtering. I'll post another pic when the water clears

I haven't been away however, it is spring in central Alberta and the resultant ground water runoff into the river that supplies our potable water has the water treatment facilities jamming the chloramine to our water supply. I haven't done a water change for about three weeks as I am loath to subject the fish to out spring water. A shower is almost more than one can bare. I do the pruning when I do the water change and as a result of no water changes my tank looks totally over run. The fish are delighted, I think. The degree to which the light has been impeded by the over growth of the plants has resulted in my terminating the CO2 until I get the pruning done. I have a bunch of giant val that is probably 3 feet over the water surface if stretched out. The ruby lotus leaves are at the surface and are 6 inches across. The tank looks like something gone mad! We are going to Calgary for a golf show for the weekend. Come Monday, something has to happen or I may never catch up!
No pics, toooooooooooooooooo embarrassed!
Vic

Hehe, sorry, man, you got me after I already tossed everything. Mostly Hygro. I figured the hobby is already infused with it and no one would want it =/.

Give me a month or so and I am sure I will be invaded again.

He he....I've definitely ahd that happen.....and I just pulled about 2x that much plant mass out of my overgrown 55 in preparation for being gone for 10 days....will post pics soon!

Tank post-trimming looks nice!

Back
Top Bottom