This took a year.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks most excellent! You should be extremely proud of yourself. Those swords are literally perfect. And i can't say I've ever seen so many vibrant, healthy neons in one place! I like!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Magnificent swords! Well done larger planted tank. Looks like there is decent flow in there. Neons floating in a holding pattern.
Equipment? Maintenance routine?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

specs and care

specs-
55 gallon glass aquarium
steel stand
Fluval Fx5 filter (mechanical and biological filtration only)
Fluval 305 filter (mechanical and biological filtration only)
Fluval decorative mat
Aqueon Pro Heater 200watt
Zoo med T-5 High Output dual lamps (1 plant lamp, 1 color enhancing lamp)
1 small Hydor circulation fan ( aesthetic leaf movement)
1 internal glass thermometer ( a constant 76 degrees Fahrenheit)
Seachem black fluorite substrate ( 3 inch depth)

Care-
Lights on with the sunrise and off with the sunset manually.
feed 3 times a day or less depending on behavior and waste.
50% water changes every 9 days using Seachem Prime concentrated water conditioner. (Take 50% out with filters off and aeration added during process. Scrub algae off glass when presenting and leaving algae when not presenting for algae eaters to graze. Add Prime when refilling aquarium)
Seachem Flourish Comprehensive Liquid Fertilizer (as needed depending on plant growth and algae density on glass, leaves, ect.)
Filter care I only do every 5-6 months because of the amount of filtration I have. Rinse filter sponges and internal components in old aquarium water NOT new water. (DO NOT USE UNCONDITIONED TAP WATER! Bacteria friendly old water only.)
Fish and plants must be examined daily for disease, injury or infection. Always look at the health and well being every day. That also includes watching behavior.

No Carbon source?

Co2 injection or.liquid carbon like excel or leaf zone.

Carbon

I don't see a need to supplement Carbon Dioxide with the results I am already seeing. The plants grow fast already and I trim them as needed. The population of fish produces plenty of Carbon Dioxide to promote plant growth. The plants produce a lot of Oxygen and it seems to be working fine.

Back
Top Bottom