Thoughts of my simple scape..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjldad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Please take it easy on me..
Larger sword is a regular amazon sword
Smaller sword is a rosette sword (supposedly stays smaller)
Some ludwigia narrow leaf and the java ferns have been there a while..

Thoughts?
Fish seem happy with them.. :)

plants.JPG

Looks good. Simple is better in most cases. Looks natural. Good job.

Gorgeous tank! I love the darker driftwood, and the plants look lovely :)

Looks good! Have you thought about a forground plant to maybe break up large areas of sand? A few anubia nanas might look cool and they stay very small.

Also, Love the DW!

I looove it!!! I might do something like that now that ive seen your tank! I bet it makes it easier to clean!

I love the way the hardscape is spaced out, great choices in driftwood. :) Those swords could end up taking a lot of room, but it looks like you have the space for it!

My one suggestion is to get some sort of background plant. In your case, I think vals would look GREAT! Your tank has such great swimming room and I think the sand really compliments the dark driftwood, but a background of swaying, green reeds would benefit the scape more than any other change. And they grow easily too! :D

Wow, thanks for all the great comments.. I had forgot about this thread.. I just did some cleaning up of the plants and will add an image..
Will do both the origional
plants.JPG

And the latest..
tank1-14.JPG

You can tell my Nerite Snails have cleaned up my driftwood pretty well.. :)

Thanks so much!!

Flourish Root Tabs and a shot of excell every now and then..
Nothing strict on ferts and I just can't bring myself to do Co2!

cjldad said:
Wow, thanks for all the great comments.. I had forgot about this thread.. I just did some cleaning up of the plants and will add an image..
Will do both the origional

And the latest..

You can tell my Nerite Snails have cleaned up my driftwood pretty well.. :)

WOW! That is beautiful! I wish my plants would look healthy like that. That is amazing! How long did it take from 1st pic to last? Very Nice!

Looks great!! This a great example to point to that high tech tanks running pressurized CO2 aren't a requirement to have beautiful real, healthy, flourishing plants.

fort384 said:
Looks great!! This a great example to point to that high tech tanks running pressurized CO2 aren't a requirement to have beautiful real, healthy, flourishing plants.

This one don't have a co2 system? So it's all just ferts? Great job!

Roy: Thanks for the compliment! They started growing out pretty quick.. I'd say it looked this way about 8 to 10 weeks..

Fort: Thank you as well! I really cannot stick to a strict fert schedule with my life schedule, so it works out well for me.. My swords in the middle do have some curled/waved leaves, but that may be due to my tank night light..

Back
Top Bottom