Thoughts on my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

machotaco

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420426951.416208.jpg

Plants

Amazon sword- back left
Pygmy chain sword - carpet
Crypt wendetii "bronze"- there's 2 in there.
Water wisteria
Corckscrew Val

Stock
6 emerald corys
3 australian rainbows

To be added
4 more rainbows not sure what type, open for suggestions

What can I do to make it better? I've been battling algae lately (blue green, black beard, dust algae) but am now beginning to win. Any plants suggestions. Oh and the rock is temporary, it's weighing down the wood until it wAter logs.

-machotaco

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What size tank is it? Looks like you need something to break up the space on the right front quadrant. Otherwise I like it. That's a nice piece of driftwood. :)

What size tank is it? Looks like you need something to break up the space on the right front quadrant. Otherwise I like it. That's a nice piece of driftwood. :)

It's a 45 gallon, and I agree. Do you know of any small medium light foreground plants you can think of? Thanks. The driftwood is Java wood I found at my LFS. darn thing hasn't sunk yet.

I'm not the best person to recommend plants. A moss ball, a small sized one would be interesting in there. What about a tiger lily somewhere? That would offer a little reddish color.

I like the bacopa, maybe back right corner? And the crypt lutea is pretty sweet looking an there is some ar my LFS. might go get it. I like the tiger lotus, but where would I put it?

I had my Tiger lotus back by my filter. I just kept trimming leaves before they hit the surface. That way it got bushier.

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Put the tiger lotus near crypts. Tiger lotus can shade and block other plants from light. Crypts require less light and often grow better in shaded areas. Maybe something to do with fighting for the light...not sure.

There is a crypt on the left and the right, where would you think the toger lotus would look better, and I would trim it so it "learns" to be bushy

Can you give us a top view of the tank id probably not worry about where it is with crypts just where you have space. I want to say either side of the driftwood would look nice but I'm no expert

Yeah when I get home I will send a top view

Back
Top Bottom