Thoughts on the 20 long?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JML Aqua

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419262652.278960.jpg

Planning to do some baby tears in the foreground and pogostemon helferi in the background. Tell me what you guys think. Oh yeah btw that heater is temporary.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What if you put some B.Japonica in the back instead of Downoi? It will stand a little taller and be seen easier over the back of the rocks. If you have enough light it was also give you a little color.

I think the hardscape could use some work. I never tried iwagumi, but I feel there is something wrong with your scape...

One of the principles of iwagumi is that there should be a master rock, one that is bigger than the others and stand out more. You have 2 big rocks that share the attention. You should remove the one on the left (because the other one is more beautiful). And add another rock, so you still have an odd number.

And place the other rocks in a more inclined position, rather than all horizontal.

Your choice of plants should work well.

Iwagumi was an inspiration, but I didn't wanna be limited by the rules. Thanks for the feedback guys :)

I like the hardscape material, but i'll have to agree that the scape can use a little rearranging. +1 on it being too symmetrical.

I re colored it if it were to be planted. Tell me what you guys think ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419450090.153234.jpg

Is that a photoshopped hc carpet?? Hmmmmm.... makes me reconsider things I've seen in the past;) I'd personally lose the large stone on the right, too symmetrical for random chaos... or use the 2 together for a major crescent..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is that a photoshopped hc carpet?? Hmmmmm.... makes me reconsider things I've seen in the past;) I'd personally lose the large stone on the right, too symmetrical for random chaos... or use the 2 together for a major crescent..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha thanks for the feedback.. Yeah it does seem a little too symmetrical.. Hmm.. The hc carpet was just made by recoloring the Flourite with an iPhone app. Clever trick I found out when trying to imagine scapes :D

If you ask me, it's a beautiful tank. There's something that I would change, but I can't exactly put a finger on it. Planted tank mystery right? Happens to everyone :). If it were mine, I would maybe add a driftwood bonsai tree over on the right kind of shadowing one of the larger rocks with some Christmas moss hanging off of the branches. Those always look cool. Thats just what I would do.

Nils

That's my favorite tank size. Well, 30L and 40B are nice, too.
Really cannot add to the hard scape comments. Not my forte. I tried rocks once and ended up with symmetrical repeating patterns. I think I'm more of a Dutch style. I just smother it with plants and be done with it. I like contrasting colors, shapes, and textures.

Back
Top Bottom