Tiger Lotus, Red (Nymphaea zenkeri)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hforney

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just received 2 - Tiger Lotus, Red (Nymphaea zenkeri) bulbs in the mail. Which end is up when I plant them. Do they get planted completely in the gravel?

I know I should be asking the vendor but this is the weekend and I probably would not get a reply for several days. For now I just have the bulbs sitting on top of the gravel bed.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that instructions for the ones I got said to lay them on top of the gravel. When the roots and leaves come out, it will adjust its position itself. The old bulb may even drop off the plant later. I used a plant weight to hold it steady til it took root. HTH :)

savga said:
I'm pretty sure that instructions for the ones I got said to lay them on top of the gravel. When the roots and leaves come out, it will adjust its position itself. The old bulb may even drop off the plant later. I used a plant weight to hold it steady til it took root. HTH :)

Correct. Where did you guys get yours? I have a few, but would like several more.

Back
Top Bottom