Time Lapse of Planted Aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zimmanski

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a new tank to replace and combine my 10 gallon and 20 gallon tanks and I thought I would shoot a time lapse of the aquascaping and planting of it to see what you guys thought. I'll be making a couple more videos and then finally string them all together but Ive got the substrate and part one of the video done so I was hoping to get some feedback on it before I shoot the next one.

I used some black caribsea sand on the very bottom as filler since I just barely had enough of the rest to complete the tank, followed by ADA tourmaline BC and Penac-P, then power sand special-S, then bacter 100, then amazonia II. For the sand area its the caribsea white and brown sand mixed, 'cause thats what I had haha. Then some schist rock chips I had left over from my 8 gallon build.

What do you guys think so far(be gentle, please)?

First Time Lapse: 36 Gallon Bow Front - YouTube

Nice job....really nice, can't wait for the other videos... :)

How do you call the clear object/plastic you used to separate the white from the dark sand ? :)

Thanks all! The clear things are called substrate supports, you can buy them, or if you're cheap like me you can find some card stock like heavy plastic sheets and cut them. Rivercats, I'm glad you liked it, I think once this is all put together and that video is made I might make an additional chapter to add where I film for an hour each week or couple days and make the very end the plant growth, but since that will take a very long time I think I'll make the setup time lapse and post it up first haha. Plus, who knows, the tank could very well crash and burn haha.

I'm thinking multiple branchy DW pieces on the left with moss, then I'll use some Asian plants for the most part to go with my chocolate gouramis and rasboras. It'll probably be heavy with the rotala indica, crypts and vals, then ill add some bacopa for a different shape and some micro sword to hopefully cover the Amazonia. I was having trouble picking Asian plants I actually like haha

Pretty neat time lapse effect. What program do you use to make the video?

I'm a big fan of the sandy area in the hardscape. :)

So what's your plan on equipment?

Pretty neat time lapse effect. What program do you use to make the video?

I'm a big fan of the sandy area in the hardscape. :)

So what's your plan on equipment?

Thanks! I think its from candylabs and called videovelocity, its okay I guess, I couldn't get my camera to work with it, but it was free and easy so I can't complain haha.

As far as equipment I'm going with a low budget and aiming for and easy tank. I'm reusing the coralife dual t5ho that was on my 20g, I bought a fluval ac70, I'll eventually buy an aqueon pro heater to replace the one it came with but no rush, gla ferts pps-pro, and I'll again reuse the fluval 88g co2 from the 20g. Did I miss something?

Thanks for the info on the program. Might have to try that someday :)

Aren't you concerned about going through those Fluval co2 cartridges faster in a larger tank? I think the sooner you upgrade the co2, the faster you'll slow down that leak in the wallet :)

Thanks for the info on the program. Might have to try that someday :)

Aren't you concerned about going through those Fluval co2 cartridges faster in a larger tank? I think the sooner you upgrade the co2, the faster you'll slow down that leak in the wallet :)

Haha I know, someday I will upgrade, but its not my top priority, this is a budget build and to save money I've reused most of what was in the previous tanks and the fluval 88 wasn't bad at all on the 20

So no background at all, or are you adding one in later somehow? I find that it helps with the wires, tubes, etc. and makes the plants/scape pop more. But if you're happy without one, that's all that matters :)

You're right, I know I needed one and definitely wanted one. I still haven't made up my mind exactly but I went ahead and put some window film on the back of it, it looks much better and if I ever feel like changing it I can peel it off

So since I wont be doing anything else to the tank until next week and since I wont be able to shoot much because of work I went ahead and put a string of videos together including a new one. For now, its time for me to have some patience and wait to add anything until friday. Let me know what you guys think!

36 Gallon Bow Front Time Lapse - YouTube

Well, I'm not entirely sure anyone is paying attention to this tank at all but I thought I'd give an update. All the plants are doing great, the rotalas have added at least two inches to them and have some beautiful color to the new growth. I got a bunch of stuff in the mail and from the LFS this week so here's some pictures! I'm really enjoying my new tank, and the chocolate gouramis seem to be loving it and thriving, which makes me really happy since I read so much about them being so delicate, fussy and hard to feed. Also, my beautiful male betta seems to be the perfect fit in a peaceful community tank, he couldn't care less about anyone even when they're hanging out right in front of him in his spot he claimed. This also makes me happy, he got really beat up by a platy before and his fins were extremely torn up and lost half of the length of them, now they're fully recovered and flowy and perfect. Anyway, enough of my rambling, here's some pictures. FTS will come tomorrow when the lights are on

Attachments

• image-3030846905.jpg
    image-3030846905.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3372875846.jpg
    image-3372875846.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 84
  • image-302731611.jpg
    image-302731611.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 88
  • image-4285095985.jpg
    image-4285095985.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 84
  • image-3043801085.jpg
    image-3043801085.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 100
Great acquisitions Zim! I'm particularly happy that Aquatek dropped their price on that regulator. Keep the updates coming :)

You two are some of the ones I really wanted to follow! Brian, I love the look and how sturdy the aquatek feels, but I HATE the needle valve, its awful IMO. Think I could replace it?

Oh, and I also took my first weekly time lapse video, looks really neat but I think to capture the plant growth better ill have to do twice a week at half the length

You two are some of the ones I really wanted to follow! Brian, I love the look and how sturdy the aquatek feels, but I HATE the needle valve, its awful IMO. Think I could replace it?

Oh, and I also took my first weekly time lapse video, looks really neat but I think to capture the plant growth better ill have to do twice a week at half the length

What's up with the needle valve? I just got all my Aquatek stuff in and am waiting for the cylinder. Are you using yours on a timer?

Back
Top Bottom