Time to Play: Name That Plant!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Breeze

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought a (bunch/6 stems) from a local tropical fish store. They sold it as Cabomba. Yet, this plant is illegal to ship into the state of California, where I live. Any of you have an opinion? I don't think the pet store has a clue.

Thanks, Mr. Breeze

Attachments

• P1010098.jpg
    P1010098.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 84
  • P1010096.jpg
    P1010096.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 90
I'd say that is cambodia. Where you at? In Socal i have seen it at the Lfs!!

Yup, it didn't look like a hornwort to me. Limnophilia looks like a positive match. Got this at Tong's in Fountain Valley, CA for those of you who go there. It is one of the few places that bring in large variations of plants. Usually I get most of my plants online.

This is the Ambulia that I recently got. Looks like the same as yours to me. I live in Gibraltar, Europe and got this from Spain, which is next door to me really. There Cambomba has also been outlawed.

image-3972497731.jpg

Whatever It Is,....

Thanks for your feedback. Actually, I have had Ambulia, it tends to be a little more delicate. They also call this specie, Asian Ambulia. It is very sturdy and really grows like a weed, although, it does look very similar.

Back
Top Bottom