to Excel or not to Excel.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crispo069

Aquarium Advice Regular
Someone recently warned me about the use of Flourish Excel with a certain species of plant......could someone please refresh my memory???

Tanks a million :roll:

Hoovercat has correctly identified the plants that tend to have problems with Flourish Excel. In addition some people have reported having problems with a few other plants like Riccia, but so far this has been unconfirmed.

someone just confirmed the riccia through a double dose....ok, so I guess I wont be using the Excel.....I was planning on getting some Vallisneria Nana.

Thanks.

The vals that I had no problems with using excel is corkscrew vals. They seem to handle it well, as long as you aren't overdosing it. But the jungle vals I had just melted completely away.

This is why this is hobby is so much fun. I had the opposite from Wolf. My corkscrews wasted away and my jungles just kept pumping out new plants.

rich311k said:
This is why this is hobby is so much fun. I had the opposite from Wolf. My corkscrews wasted away and my jungles just kept pumping out new plants.

Like they say in this hobby, no 2 tanks are alike. :)

gee thanks....

clear as mud.....

I guess if I experiment, I might want to try some cheapeez first.

Back
Top Bottom