Too much light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jconner3

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have what I think is ludwigia repens in my 40 gallon breeder and I've got pressurised co2, I'm dosing pps pro, and I'm currently running 1 t5ho bulb (not sure of the wattage) . The new growth on the ludwigia however, looks like its burned kinda and the old leaves are starting to curl down. Is this probably because of too much light?

It's probably not too much light necessarily, but rather not enough nutrients to support the light. 1xT5HO isn't that much light, somewhere between medium-low and medium-high depending on the fixture, but certainly enough to give you problems. The curling leaves can be a variety of things, but the most likely cause is insufficient CO2, followed by a micronutrient issue.

How are you injecting your CO2? Can you upload a picture of the suspect growth?

It's probably not too much light necessarily, but rather not enough nutrients to support the light. 1xT5HO isn't that much light, somewhere between medium-low and medium-high depending on the fixture, but certainly enough to give you problems. The curling leaves can be a variety of things, but the most likely cause is insufficient CO2, followed by a micronutrient issue.

How are you injecting your CO2? Can you upload a picture of the suspect growth?

I'm using an atomic diffuser from green leaf aquariums.
Here's a picture, it's kinda hard to see

image-4197981793.jpg

I'm thinking maybe I should up my feet dosing or something?

Back
Top Bottom