top water plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RWaltman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have some pennywise and a couple smaller leaf plants in now I was thinking of adding a top water floating type plant to provide cover for my angelfish? do you still think it would allow enough light through for the others? any other plant suggestions?

I have floating plants in my tanks, I usually throwing out several each week because they do take over. Pennywort grow well as a floating plant or planted. I have better luck with it floating.

I don't know for sure that would work or not. There are floating plants like red rooted floaters, frogbit, and salvinia.

Joy, im sure some of us will use those instead of tossing them.

I am doing my homework right now, found all the parts for a CO2 DIY in my garage and pantry, once I am satisfied with what I am finding and what plants I want I wouldnt mind sending you a PM if I choose to use that, I am looking for floating plants as well as rooted plants for this tank. My angel and betta love the cover.

pennywort is fine as a floater. you could always try some and see how much light it blocks. it really depends on the tank. great thing with pennywort vs other its connected and easy to remove.

Back
Top Bottom