transplanting tank plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
So Im getting closer and closer to getting this 55 up and running. The one major issue Im wondering is transplanting my plants I want from my 29 to it.

There are some that have been in there since day ONE and Im sure are SUPER rooted.

My banana plant alone has probably rooted like a tree to most of the tank base.

I plan on transferring the fish to holding with the filter and heater/etc and draining the tank. Ill pull my looser plants out first and then the larger ones I plan on actually just removing the substrate around the roots gently.

The new tank is sand capped soil so I plan on setting it all up prior to filling with water by moving the sand out of the way, planting them in the soil and them capping the sand back over.

Is there anything wrong with this plan? Can I anticipate survival? The banana plant is my main love, that thing is my deco cabbage!

I just yank out plants, even deeply rooted ones, trim roots if too long, and plant. They'll grow back. Leaving roots too long is a pain to replant.

It's like that scene from Indiana Jones and the temple of doom!! Just chant "kahleemahhh" a bunch and twist your clawed fingers into the substrate! Works every time:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom