Trimming plants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With scissors, any kind too. Don't need fancy one, I learned that lesson. What and where depends on the plants and ur eye for liking (as far as heigth).

awilson133 said:
I have swords mainly.

I trim any dead or dying leaves. You can't shorten a Sword the way you'd trim a stem plant. If it outgrows your tank, sell it or give it away and get something else.

I use Dwarf Chain Swords, in my small tanks they look big. Mostly I have Crypts now.

Trim away any browned, yellow leaves. Trim them as close to the root as possible. Whatever u leave behind will detiorate and have to be trimmed again. Crypts are great plants. They will "melt" at first, don't be alarmed as the plant is adjusting to ur tank parameters. Mine have melted a couple of times and now they're almost 6". Crypts do well in just about any light requirements, just so they are in light and not hiding in the corner.

I'd probably let it go for now. I have couple of leaves that have a spot here and there. Swords are hard to keep picture perfect all the time. You can always trim later once new growth.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120212_184841.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120212_184841.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom