Tropica fern?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I purchased amazon sword plants in tubes from pet-smart months ago and they are still in my tank. You would remove from them from the container and clean off the gel the roots are encased in and treat like any other plant. I dip my new plants in a Hydrogen Peroxide bath.

No telling how long they've been on the shelves and I've seen some in terrible shape ... and others that looked in remarkable shape. Can't hurt to buy one and see how it does ... usually the ones in the tubes are advertised as snail free.

Petco usually has a dedicated plant tank and I've seen Java Ferns attached to rings and in little plastic cups.

You need to look at pictures of various java ferns before purchasing it if you're not sure on scientific names... there are severan non-aquatic ferns sold in those tubes as well.

Petco is usually pretty good about putting the technical name of their plants on those tubes. Write down the names ahead of time (or use a phone to look them up).

But I believe I already looked up the "Tropical Ferns" and they were indeed Java Ferns. Still should check to be sure though.

Back
Top Bottom