Tropical vs. Hardy Lilies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theotheragentm

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have some in my goldfish barrel. They get a flower to the surface every three days or so. I read that tropicals bloom ten times more than hardy ones. I can't imagine anything blooming faster than what I have currently so I assume they are tropical. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Also, for both types, what do I do when it gets cold? I think the hardy ones can stay out in the cold, but the tropicals won't make it at all. Oh, I'm in Southern California, pretty much on the beach so weather is pretty tempered here, bottoming out at 50F at night during the winter.

Hmmm... you should try 20 below not including wind chill sometime. 50 above is a rather pleasant temperature actually.

This thread has deteriorated quite a bit, but it's all good fun.

Sure I have great weather, but for half a million dollars, I can barely afford a house with bars on the windows and bullets flying by all the time. We pay for our weather.

Sorry for helping hijack the thread. Not sure on the temperatures for the Lilies, however I do know that other Tropicals do sometimes make it through the winter in your area.

theotheragentm said:
Sure I have great weather, but for half a million dollars, I can barely afford a house with bars on the windows and bullets flying by all the time. We pay for our weather.

Sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at this. Hilarious theotheragentm! :)

Yeah, I thought about it and I am going to leave them in the barrel and see how that goes. Does anyone have any tips on how to recognize when I absolutely need to remove the lilies? Are the leaves supposed to shrink back or just the flowers?

Back
Top Bottom