Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-24-2007, 04:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

True Aquatic Plants

What are some good, hardy, True Aquatic plants? I don't have a lot of experience, my ph is 7.6, I have angelfish, powder blue gouramis, guppies, platies, tetras and cherry barbs.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to rkilling1
Plant geek is an excellent resource when it comes to finding what aquatic plants will work for your tank.

http://www.plantgeek.net/

Old 07-24-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I second taking a look at PlantGeek for plant choices. They also have a section that lists non aquatic plants, so that you know what to avoid.
Purrbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:04 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

A lot is going to depend on what level of lighting you will have. With the stock lighting that comes with most aquarium "kits", there are very few plants that will survive. There are several articles listed in stickies in this forum that can tell you about Low Light, Medium Light, and High Light aquariums (and PlantGeek will tell you how much light different plants need).

Tags
plant, plants

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com