Trying To Do this Aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skmackley

Aquarium Advice Activist
image-3094937864.jpg

Do you that will be okay for red cherry shrimp and any tips or things to worry about?

image-4210994466.jpg

These are the plants involved, do they need any special requirements?
Any help will be grateful! Like also do i need these fertilisers and CO2?

Sam.

Soo often I see people wanting to do x or y aquascape. I never really understood why you wouldn't want to make something that is 100% your own. There's nothing quite as pleasing as finding just that right piece of driftwood or rock to incorporate into your aquascape and then changing your whole tank around and having it come out beautifully.

Aside from that short rant For that tank I would imagine you would need to have at the very least medium lighting with fertilizers and glut. The tank would also be just fine for red cherry shrimp although that looks like a 5g tank so wouldn't really be able to fit any fish aside from a betta

yeah i was going to do something my own like this anyway, what is glut? what fertilisers do i need? there is no perfect drift wood or stone, cant find any cheap and looks realistic and has character.

yeah i was going to do something my own like this anyway, what is glut? what fertilisers do i need? there is no perfect drift wood or stone, cant find any cheap and looks realistic and has character.

There certainly is perfect cheap driftwood out there.. You just have to figure out ways to be creative with it :) Most people find individual sticks with a little bit of shape to them and then glue or tie them together to make a much more complex piece out of it. The same thing can be done with rocks with either gluing, drilling and rodding, or epoxying them together.

For example, I scavenged all of this driftwood out of my local river last spring.
75748-albums12252-picture55422.jpg

Aside from the 2 pieces of Mopani that are in the tank all of the driftwood I use came from that pile. In total there are 7 different pieces of driftwood in the tank most of which were free.
75748-albums12252-picture63189.jpg

As for glut, it is the active ingredient in excel which is a complex carbon molecule that plants can absorb in leiu of actual co2. It's far cheaper than a pressurized co2 setup so a lot of aquarists use it including myself. For fertilizers I would suggest either a EI or PPS-Pro fertilizing regimen. You can buy the fertilizers from Green Leaf Aquariums for about $20 and they will last you a long long long time.

yeah i want rocks, but instead of that i was thinking of doing

image-1698416144.jpg

Back
Top Bottom