turbo CO-2 Bio system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it is basically a $30 DIY 2 liter bottle method in a nice looking container. I think going DIY would be a better choice, depending on tank size. If this is for your 55g I think you might need to go pressurized to get the results you are looking for.

Keep in mind, pressurized CO2 systems are a bit expensive initially but once they are set up you pretty much forget about it. Once every year or so take it to your local welding supply shop and get it refilled for $15 for a 5lb tank.

yea I read a bunch of reviews and they all pretty much said save your money , do you think you could DIY a pressurized system ? get the regulator and fittings at a hard ware store and just buy a co2 reactor to hook it to ?

For the 89 bucks you are going to spend on a MA957 (which includes, bubble counter, needle valve, regulator, and nylon washer) you will probably end up spending more if you buy it piece by piece.

You can do a DIY reactor though if you really want to save a buck. You can also do a DIY drop checker with DIY 4dkh solution.

IMO, the MA957 is the way to go on a budget. I've been running one for 1.5+ years with no problems.

that looks good , what else would you need to go with that ? on the site there trying to sell you a PG regulator to go with it , is that required ?

Back
Top Bottom