underwater bonsai

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not that I've heard of. doesn't mean they don't exist...but, most aquatic plants have thin, limp stems that can't hold weight above the water. kind of the exact opposite of a tree trunk.

Wow those pics are fantastic 8)

Are the "trees" and such one live plant, or are they small plants growing on some kind of structure?

Feynman said:
Wow those pics are fantastic 8)

Are the "trees" and such one live plant, or are they small plants growing on some kind of structure?

Small bunches of plants growing on structures (likely real wood).

Holy those pics are awesome. I don't think there are any trees that grow underwater. But bonsai trees are awesome. Many of the good ones are hundreds of years old that have been passed down through the family. Many are only several inches tall. The word bonsai means "long life" in Japanese.

first i need to grow some plants. this will be the first time that i have been interested since a certain chiclid, which will remain nameless, devestated my tank overnight over 4 years ago

and the fellow who gave him to me said he was my friend...

jacktheknife said:
actually, the word bonsai mean "tree in a pot" or "plant in a tray"

Wrong. I'm Japanese I'd think I'd know what the word means. It is sometimes used to refer to the tree, but the word itself means long life.

every source i find says it is "Tree in a tray" and you are from south carolina... and you are named lance... how exactly does that make you japanese?

I'm chinese, and my name is vernon, and I live in N. Carolina. And yes. Bon-sai does mean "long life". Literal translation is "10,000 years-old". It is a term also used in chinese to express "long life", except it is pronounced Wan-sui in mandarin. :fadein:

My birth name is Riki, but I was adopted and my name became Lance.

lance = weapon, spear

Riki in Japanese = "power"

Back
Top Bottom