Undisolved Root Tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryan87500

Aquarium Advice Freak
I decided the clean up some plants today and move some things around which allowed me to remove all leaves with Cyanobacteria and broken leaves. When moving things around all the undissolved root tab fertilizer balls came up. I tried sucking them out with a water changer but that didn't work.

I wanted to see what you guys do and do I now need to put more tabs in the substrate?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418749561.759412.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They'll work their way up eventually, the ferts are inside and they leach out a tiny hole.. i suck them out during wcs. Should be adding new tabs monthly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks. My Python doesn't seem strong enough to suck it up. I am guessing if I moved some plants I should put some extra in now. I was concerned about to much fertilizer.

Just push them all the way down.. I've put 15 in at one time.. no issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks. My Python doesn't seem strong enough to suck it up. I am guessing if I moved some plants I should put some extra in now. I was concerned about to much fertilizer.

Yeah, the python doesn't havew a whole lot of suction. You can try using just a long length of tubing as a siphon or just push them back in.

I've found that when they are "spent" my siphon will suck them out. Otherwise I just shove them back in.

Back
Top Bottom