Unknown plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium_Lover04

Aquarium Advice Activist
I planted my aquarium about a week ago, I was looking at it really closely yesterday and noticed some REALLY small plants, they are like tiny stems with two small green leaves on top. I think it may have come in with my plants.
I tried to take a picture but the tank is 5ft so I had to zoom and it might be hard to see.

image-1412504484.jpg

Does anyone know what it is?

Could be HC, glosso, or a common pest called bladderwort.

It's really small in that pic. Any chance of getting a closer look?

aqua_chem said:
Could be HC, glosso, or a common pest called bladderwort.

It's really small in that pic. Any chance of getting a closer look?

Thanks for your reply, I can't get a closer pic because it's about 1ft into the tank(2ft wide), although it looks a lot like HC. I should probably just wait a while till it gets bigger, to identify. I just hope it isn't a pest :S

Any chance seeds could've gotton in the tank? As a keeper of fish and parrots that sometimes happens to me and looks very much like that.

Ducky14523 said:
Any chance seeds could've gotton in the tank? As a keeper of fish and parrots that sometimes happens to me and looks very much like that.

Not really possible, although I did use a soil substrate, which could have contained seeds?

Definately looks like seedlings to me, esp. how you described them. But aquatic plants have seeds too so i dont see any harm in leaving them. My fish usually take care of the odd sprout for me.

Ducky14523 said:
Definately looks like seedlings to me, esp. how you described them. But aquatic plants have seeds too so i dont see any harm in leaving them. My fish usually take care of the odd sprout for me.

Thanks, I will wait and see what the seedlings turn out to be

Back
Top Bottom