A while ago I wrote a semi long post about my DIY tank, for as cheap as possible, a 10G tank. Anyway I just wanted to update ont he plants condition and whether the system worked out. I am happy to say that when I came back from my vacation there was a mighty forrest in my tank. Even when I pruned it the hour before I left, and came back a week and a half later, there was nothing but wilderness in my tank, which started out with 3 valisaeria, one anacharis, 3 ludwigia, and 2 banana plants. But as some of you may know it wasn't all grand. My day today stunk mucho, and even the 10G set up was part of it. Because of this day (you can read about it in the general post of "bad day...."), I got rid of the anacharis (too much leaf dropping and clogging), the banana plants (created too much shade for the other plants to do well), but I kept the rest, and they have been multiplying like crazy. The Red Ludwigia, my favorite, has massively grown and had long roots where it started to branch out. I thought this was great. After cleaning the 10 gallon of the massive bacteria growth because of my presence else where, the tank is slowly going back to normal, and the plants are still thriving with the lights and CO2
. The fish in the tank are also doing well, I believe the plants have helped them much during the "crisis" Anyway just thought I would mention this.