Update on planted tank, and some more questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shawmutt

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, so far I have:

The substrate all in
The light hooked up and running
The DIY co2 built and it's bubbling happily
I purchased some of my inhabitants

When I changed everything over, I kept the filter full of old aquarium water. The filter was only down for less than an hour. That, plus the half-dozen pieces of slate I put in the tank (from the last setup, I also kept them wet), should keep me from having new tank syndrome problems.

The population of the tank so far is six zebra danios and two kuhlii loaches. The only plant I could find so far was three smallCryptocoryne wendtii. My final plant list will be:

Bronze crypt (Cryptocoryne wendtii)
Rotala indica
Water sprite (Ceraroteris thalictroides)
Money wart (Bacopa monnieri), and
Wisteria (Hygrophila difformis)

I'm going tomorrow to look at a few lfs for their selections, but worse comes to worse I'll be ordering them online tomorrow.

Now for questions:

1. I need some smaller plants from India that will work in the foreground. Any ideas?

2. Regarding kuhlii loaches--should I have more than 2? They are tiny now, only about 3", but I understand they get 4-5".

3. Regarding my plant selection, anyone get any red flags about any of my selections (hopefully not the crypts I just bought :lol: )?

I found almost all my plants today except water sprite, and added 2 tiny badis to the tank. I also bought frozen tubifex worms (my first experience with frozen foods) for the badis and loaches.

How about one more khuli, and your plants look good to me -

I'll have to do a bit of research on the plants for your biotope - great job so far!

Back
Top Bottom