Updated 60 gallon planted angelfish tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanTheGuppyMan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok guys so I finally finished planting my tank and I got my angelfish yesterday and they seem to love it. I feed them New Life Spectrum Thera + A and they go crazy for it. This is my first planted tank so I hope it goes well! Oh and I got my algae problem under control and I haven't even received the nerite snails and amano shrimp yet! So I'm going to have about 50 shrimp and 20 snails I'm going to have no use for...they can still some go in my tank though :) tell me what you think! I also just planted a few plants about 3 days ago so they are still unraveling and growing down. Here's the link:

60 gallon planted angelfish tank - YouTube

Also right now I'm just dosing AquariumPlants TOTAL, IRON, and PHOSPHATE root tabs for fertilizers. Is that all I need or what else do you suggest I use to promote plant growth? I have a pressurized C02 system on the tank also.

Can you post some pics? I am on sucky internet, so I can't watch youtube videos real well. I am sure it looks great though!

It looks lovely can wait to see how it looking in a cupple of mouths

Yes I know the swords have grown at least 3 inches from last week so it shouldn't be too long before I have everything grown out and looking awesome! Can't wait either :)

The fishes

Some pics of the fish...I believe this one is a veil tail...they are all no bigger than a quarter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 370
More fishes

So it won't let me post all the pics in one reply so I guess I have to keep posting separate replies for each one..this one is also a veil

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 354
So what do you all think about fertilizers? Do I need more? Also what ones are good for shrimp and snails since I will be having so much

I can't see anything wrong with the ones your using as for how much will just have to wait and see how the plants do I gess

Great tank and beautiful fish.
Planted tanks are good for Angels, they create hiding spots, because when the grow up, some will mate or form pairs, which will create aggression towards the other Angels, keep an eye on that.. How many Angels do you have in the tank?
Also some shrimp could become snacks for the Angels, but hopefully with your plants they will have enough hiding spots also.

For fertlizer, I dose PPS-Pro dry ferts, macro and micro mix, from Green Leaf Aquariums daily. I also add Root tabs from Seachem every month.

Thanks! And you don't wanna know how much work it took to keep that slate together. It had to have fallen apart like 20 times before I realized I needed to silicone it together lol.

Back
Top Bottom