UV Filter for 29G w/ 55G canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theoutdoorsykid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all,

Great intro to UV filters by Timbo2. I think I'd like one but am having a hard time finding many options online, and I'm not sure what to get. I have a well-stocked planted 29G freshwater tank with a Marineland C-220 (rated 55G) canister. I know that the proper flow rate through the UV filter is key, and I don't really want to slow the filtration system down, as I have a lot going on in the tank. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations with an inline UV filter that would be pretty straightforward and effective for my set-up? Thanks for your help!

UV filters are great to have for very specific problems and each one is very case specific. What leads you to believe that you need a UV sterilizer?

As for specific ones, I'm not aware of specific in line sterilizers but there are plenty of standard ones that are really good?

No specific issue, but a UV sterilizer seems like a good preventative measure. Plus, I aspire to super clear water, and I like the idea of zapping any waterborne algae.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No specific issue, but a UV sterilizer seems like a good preventative measure. Plus, I aspire to super clear water, and I like the idea of zapping any waterborne algae.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

QT and WC's are a better preventative measure, IMO. Limiting your lighting schedule will also prevent an algae buildup. I would suggest Purigen over carbon if you're looking for a product to add for clarity but I use neither and perform WC's instead.

Back
Top Bottom