want to add more plants!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miran3773

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just like title says, but don't know what to add, there is still some open space, and imo I think there is still room. Anyone have any suggestions

ForumRunner_20120402_205942.jpg

You need some tall plants in the back. Jungle Vals and Crypt Crispulata are some of my friends.

What about something that is large leafed? There's a val in the right corner growing long, as long as it stays in the corner gonna keep it growing, and along the back there is a "wall" of hornwart that is growing thats been trimmed

miran3773 said:
What about something that is large leafed? There's a val in the right corner growing long, as long as it stays in the corner gonna keep it growing, and along the back there is a "wall" of hornwart that is growing thats been trimmed

Crypt wendtii ( several varieties )
For faster growth a Sword Plant :)
Root tabs are good for Crypts and Swords.

My little tank:

Coursair said:
Crypt wendtii ( several varieties )
For faster growth a Sword Plant :)
Root tabs are good for Crypts and Swords.

My little tank:

never used root tabs, we use liquid plant food potentially, would tabs work better? only plant we have had awful luck would be the glossostigma, whether that be cause the fish swam in and about it or something else.

miran3773 said:
never used root tabs, we use liquid plant food potentially, would tabs work better? only plant we have had awful luck would be the glossostigma, whether that be cause the fish swam in and about it or something else.

beautiful tank btw, im hoping to aim for a heavily planted tank, the look of plants is just so beautiful.

miran3773 said:

Certain plants are heavy root feeders. Swords and Crypts for ex.

I use tabs and liquid food.

miran3773 said:
beautiful tank btw, im hoping to aim for a heavily planted tank, the look of plants is just so beautiful.

Thank you :)
It's a work in progress. I've had it up about a year and I've moved a few things, deleted and added plants to get to this point. I like it ;)

Coursair said:
Certain plants are heavy root feeders. Swords and Crypts for ex.

I use tabs and liquid food.

Ill have to keep an eye on my two swords then, I did notice they had a lot of roots and look healthy no dying off or anything

Ill have to keep an eye on my two swords then, I did notice they had a lot of roots and look healthy no dying off or anything

Add root tabs, you just bury them deeply near the plant, you don't need to uproot it. And you space them out, so you don't need one per plant. My Chain Swords took off after I added DIY Osmocote Plus root capsules.

Coursair said:
Add root tabs, you just bury them deeply near the plant, you don't need to uproot it. And you space them out, so you don't need one per plant. My Chain Swords took off after I added DIY Osmocote Plus root capsules.

Is gravel substrate ok? What are the characteristics of the tabs? Meaning they don't granulate or anything?

Back
Top Bottom