Want to see the 5g planted and waaay over stocked fluval spec?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktomminello

Aquarium Advice Addict
Check out my mobile profile pic- you wouldn't know it to look at it but my pico tank with the bridge and the following stock list

Fish
5 adult green tiger barbs (quarantine)
7 oto cats (3 quarantined- 4 staying)
3 1 1/2 inch blushing tetras
2 3 inch clown loaches (quarantine)

Plants
Dwarf hairgrass
Java moss
Scarlet Temple (dwarf)
Anubias nana
Cardamine
El niño fern (Bolbitus)
Bacopa Carolinian
Narrow leaf sword

Bulbs Planted
Apongeton
Lotus
Water onion

Lol- am I a horrible person? Bridge is full of holes and the loaches have taken residence inside the bridge, the otos like to school on top of the bridge or throughout the vegetation with the 3 blushing tetras- power of peaceful schooling in numbers and the tiger barbs just explore and rip up java moss- oh and chase each other around apparently playing bumper cars- no nipping at all just head butting, pretty funny to watch actually. Barbs and loaches going in a 40g with 6 diamond tetras, 3 otos, 6 glowlight tetra and 3 same sized yoyo loach. The 3 oto cats are going into a 30g with 8 harlequin boras, 1 3 spot gourami, 1 blue paradise gourami, 1 red paradise gourami and 5 dwarf chain loaches in preparation for my 150g full wall paludarium :)

The aftermath will leave me with-

150g stocklist
8 harlequin boras
6 glowlight tetra
6 diamond tetra
6 oto cats
3 yoyo loach
2 clown loach
1 3 spot gourami
1 blue paradise gourami
1 red paradise gourami
Riparium/ vivarium aquaponics buffering filtration using modified breeder boxes, coconut husk growing medium, neutralized rock wool and modified small HOBs on timers to water my terrestrial plants every other day. Modified breeder boxes with single betta habitats (4 total) serving as the second step of natural filtration. Water filtered through the roots of my 'jungle wall' plants basically drip systems using black water habitats to transition to clear water streams natural as possible separation to 75g divided open swim area for a veil tail zebra oscar. Sump set on timer to drain to our basement aquaponics as it pumps out to the surface plants starting the process- cycling every other day- also watering plants in the tomato hydroponics set up. My indoor passive system is getting a massive upgrade now that I've finally got it down to a science- chemistry to be exact :)

My daughters 25g feeder guppy/ molly breeder tank- I honestly have no clue how many are in there now- I know my puffer will be getting a net full of babies every couple of days until the bottom 75g is done cycling and build my planted biotope/ Southeast Asian inspired flooded river- then I'll order my oscar and use my 75g totally cycled media and associated substrate and water to fill in and battle my minor mini cycle with my betta boxes- plan on using feeder guppies to cycle the bottom 75g that way oscar gets a nice treat when he arrives!! Busy busy

Back
Top Bottom