want to try co2!! help please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keenfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
i want to try a planted tank so i am thinking small scale before going large. i was thinking getting a fluval edge 25l with fluval mini co2 kit with a betta fish, is this a good idea? is the supplied light good enough? is the tank too small? what plants can i go for and how do i measure co2 and that any other ideas would be greatful and welcome

Are you deadset on adding CO2?

It is possible to have a small, lush, planted tank without co2, especially on smaller tanks with low light.

Are you deadset on adding CO2?

It is possible to have a small, lush, planted tank without co2, especially on smaller tanks with low light.

i want to try on a smaller set before i commit to adding it to 150g build (i've seen some of the plants that need this co2 which i like)

I've been researching co2 systems as well and from what I heard those fluval systems are the worst ones to get.

Check out plantedtank forums and they have all kind of threads about small systems and/or building your own. You can also buy smaller set ups from different websites too

Fluval uses a wonky thread on that mini system that requires you to purchase only their refills, which are expensive. It's possible to find adapters at a brewing shop or the like but you are probably better off getting a standard paintball system if you are looking for something small. Then you can get the paintball canisters refilled.

Back
Top Bottom