Want to try planting some real plants in my aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharAsh

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 45gal high aquarium that I picked up from someone off of craigslist, I've had it for a couple of months now. It came with the hood and whatever bulb that's installed (do you recommend a light to replace it with?), an undergravel filter (lees), around 3in of natural colored gravel, 5 fancy guppies, some floating plants, a plant in the gravel and snails. I just want to add a few hardy plants. I've recently purchased a mopani log from petco (which is soaking) and was wondering what type of moss or plant you could recommend growing on it. I also live on the Big Island, Hawaii if that helps determine anything. Any advice would be appreciated. I'll try to post some pictures of the tank and plants if it helps.

I would consider Anubias, Java Fern, Java Moss species they will be the most hardy to work with

+1 for Craigthor's suggestions. Those plants will attach to driftwood pretty well. I like to stick them to the wood with a little bit of superglue. I think the glue may slow the growth of the plants for a little while, but it's worth it to me since I don't have to mess with tying them down and trying to get them to stay.

Okay thanks I'll try and see if petco or any other pet store has any of those.

Back
Top Bottom