Wanting to re-do My 75g questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I like to redo my 75g planted tank this upcoming weekend and my questions are how to do this successfully without harming fish and plants.
I have on the side 1 10g tank which I use as a QT and 1 20g tank just setting around the garage. I have to 5g buckets also, should i get catch all my fish and transfer them to these tanks for the day of redo and use my buckets for the plants, or try to keep fish in the 75g while redoing? will taking out all the plants and placing them back later that day harm the plants? trying to find out the safest and the conns of doing this.

setup is for those you can't see my sig

I thank you all for your attention and time!
75g/Rena Xp3/Inline Heater/Rena Air 200/Eco-Complete/Current Dual Daylight System
6 Rummy Nose, 9 Ottos, 2 Yoyo Loach, 1 Golden Nugget Pleco, 2 Julli's Cory, 4 Angelicus Botia, 1 Chocolate Kuhli Loach, 10 Ghost Shrimp, 1 SAE, 1 Black Mollie, 1 Redeye Swordtail Mollie, 1 C-Pleco, MTS, Guppy's
Plants
Argentine Sword, Amazon Sword, Micro Sword, Xmas Moss, Pennywort, Hornwort, Jave Fern, Baby Tears, Moneywort, Ludwigia, Wisteria, Hygro 'Sunset, Asian Anubia'

Fish are surprisingly resilient to floaties in the water. I think you are better off leaving them in the tank while you work on it. Fish always seem to really freak out when in buckets.

JMO

When you say redo what exactly do you mean? Re-arranging? Moving plants around? Adding new stuff? If that's all you're doing, I'd say to drain the tank to 75% or so and leave the fish in there, but that's just me.

I am re-scaping, splitting the eco-complete to both sides and making way in the middle for fine 3m sand and adding one more bag of eco.

Just be careful not to dump a large amount of substrate directly on any of the fish and you should be fine. For the most part they will stay out of your way, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I have to agree with what has already been said. I have re-scaped my tanks many times both with fish in and out, they have recovered quicker for me left in the tank. With a 75 they will stay out of your way. Good luck, post pics soon :)

Back
Top Bottom