Water Changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2ndtimer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would like to know if in a planted freshwater tank, I am able to maintain quality parameters during a 30-day period would I still need to perform partial water change or leave as is and do regular parameter tests and filter cleaning until I see changes? This may be an impossibility, but I am visiting all avenues of "what ifs".

Weekly water changes are recommended to not only remove nitrates but TDS (total dissolved solids) and replace vital minerals needed for a stable pH and plant & fish health.

2ndtimer said:
Would like to know if in a planted freshwater tank, I am able to maintain quality parameters during a 30-day period would I still need to perform partial water change or leave as is and do regular parameter tests and filter cleaning until I see changes? This may be an impossibility, but I am visiting all avenues of "what ifs".

In a planted tank you will need to replace trace minerals that the plants need for growth which fresh water accomplishes.

Back
Top Bottom