Water Pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soupy97

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone, I am setting up a planted cichlid aquarium (will make this work) and I was just wondering when water pumps are used? I know in saltwater tanks the fish and corals need them, but are they ever used in freshwater tanks? What are the pros and cons? Thanks!

Yes you would use it in a planted tank. At least I would. When the plants are bringing in all of the O2 then there is none for your fish so you will need an o2 pump too give the fish some breathing room. Get one according to size of your tank!

Thanks for the reply! I was not talking about an oxygen pump though because the plants are going to produce oxygen inside my tank for the fish. (They consume co2). I was talking about like a power head water pump, for circulation and such.

Theres no magic formula for them. The idea with cichlids is to lessen dead spots where detrius can accumulate. What size is your tank? I use an korola for my 125 to help circulate co2.

Back
Top Bottom