Water sprite and wisteria..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catfish Lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can they both grow successfully together as a floater or will one dominate because they are both fighting for nutrients. I wanted to try them together.

I have both growing together. I prefer the water sprite when it's planted in the substrate personally. They will both compete for nutrients, but if you choose to add a fertilizer to the water then it won't really matter. The fertilizers for a tank are really really cheap, I spent about $15 for mine and haven't even used half of it in 4 months. The only problem is that water sprite can completely overrun a tank if you don't keep it trimmed. Here is a pic, the water sprite is on the left while the water wisteria is dead center in the tank.

75748-albums12252-picture57941.jpg

I should have explained that I have the broad leaf variety of water sprite that prefers floating as you have the species that prefers the substrate

Either of the types of water sprite an be grown either planted or floating. I just don't really like floating plants because they block out a lot of light.

Back
Top Bottom