Water Sprite Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eAts

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm having issues with some water sprite I ordered online and I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong, or if it was because of having them shipped in the cold weather. I ordered them online, and put them right in the tank (floating) I've read they can take a week or two to adjust to new water parameters. Its been about a week and a half and I haven't seen any new growth and the plants look like they are in pretty bad shape. My tank stays at 76 degrees, 0 Ammonia, 0 Trite, and 10-20 Trate (the colors are so close its hard for me to tell exactly) I'm running two t8 20inch lamps, one with a full spectrum bulb and the other has a coralife colormax bulb, both are on 8 hours per day. This may sound like a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer, how far should the lights be away from the water? Is it possible the plants are burning? I chose to dose with flourish, but from what I've heard it isn't need with water sprite.
Any help is appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom