Water wisteria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tinyninjafishy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everybody! I was wondering when I new to trim, or "split?" my water wisteria? I don't think split is the correct term, but I hope you understand what I mean haha. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Hey everybody! I was wondering when I new to trim, or "split?" my water wisteria? I don't think split is the correct term, but I hope you understand what I mean haha. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Wisteria is a really fast growing plant (under the right set up), if is already reaching the top of the tank, almost out, Juts cut or split a branch, and planted back into the substrate, and will do fine... If you see roots hanging, also is a good area to cut, separate or split..
Hope this helps

That did help! I do have roots hanging, so where do I cut it?
Right there at the roots, try to have the separated part with some roots. But even if there is none, the Wisteria will keep growing once you set it back.
It is my understanding that this plant will take most of the nutrients from the water column rather than from the substrate. So should be fine.

Where ever you want to cut it, whenever you want to cut it. Even a single node or single leaf of wisteria can grow into a healthy new plant given a good setup. Wisteria is extremely hardy in this respect.

As far as the roots go, you can generally just ignore them if you want to. They pretty much grow wherever they want to, and don't really mean anything special. I generally like to cut them off, as they can get pretty gnarly if left unattended.

Back
Top Bottom