Wendtii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ac30fan

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Wendtii is looking sad lately.

I've read forum threads that describe plants that "melt", typically as a result of liquid carbon additive ( I think). I do add Excel Flourish every other day. 1 capful in a 29gal tank. According to the label I may be under dosing, so I don't think it's a carbon issue.

I've yet to upgrade my lighting. I'm wondering if it could be that it's not getting adequate lighting? Any thoughts?

Crypts are one of the most low light tolerant plants there is. Are you using root tabs as crypts are heavy root feeders. Liquid carbon does not cause crypts to melt. I use high doses of liquid carbon on certain tanks I have and my crypt wendtii's grow huge. If your not using root tabs get some and place them close to the crypt roots and see if you start getting lush new growth.

Crypts are one of the most low light tolerant plants there is. Are you using root tabs as crypts are heavy root feeders. Liquid carbon does not cause crypts to melt. I use high doses of liquid carbon on certain tanks I have and my crypt wendtii's grow huge. If your not using root tabs get some and place them close to the crypt roots and see if you start getting lush new growth.

No I don't presently use root tabs. But I will now!!! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom