What Am I Doing Wrong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi Everyone,

I recently planted some new plants and every morning, some are floating. I feel like I'm getting them down into the substrate and securing them well around the base, but it continues to happen. I have a community tank so no cichilds are digging them up. Do you have any ideas of what I'm doing wrong when planting? Most of these are stem plants so maybe that's the problem?
Thanks,
D

Hi Dream,
I tend to have a lot more stem plans than I do the crown root type. So I feel your pain here. Here's a couple things you could try that helped me. First, trim the stem where one bract of leaves is at the very end of the stem. Bury the stem and leaf bract. Hopefully the leaf part will keep it held down until it roots.
The other possibility is to make sure that the current from any filter or power ahead is not waving the new plant around. This would cause it to wiggle free. Redirect the flow for a while until the plant is rooted. I've tried plant weights without much success.
Unfortunately this is about all I can suggest short of mixing up a batch of concrete. LOL
Hope this helps some, OS.

Back
Top Bottom