What am i doing wrong???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think your tank is heavily planted as it is. When those plants establish your tank will be full.

Honestly, i think what you are being told on both your threads is your light is fine, maybe just try adjusting the lighting period, cut down on the ferts you are dosing into the water, this might help with the algae, and give it some time for the plants to adjust to being in an aquarium environment.

Im going to throw something into the mix now you are mentioning algae that might help. Seachem Excel. Its a mild algaecide that will help clean the leaves to assist take up of CO2. Its commonly refered to as liquid CO2 even though it doesn't add any CO2 to the tank. Maybe add some root tabs into the substrate around any rooted plants.

I just noticed you are keeping otos. What are they eating?

So,i stop ferts for,maybe,a coule of weeks?I read bout excel some articles and watched some videos,it is not a decent substitute for co2,but,i wanted to keep it low tech without buying co2 equipment.You know,something beautiful,easy to care for,without much.

Ι have bottom feeders pellets for ottos,but to be honest,i rarely give them any.I monitor their bellies,as they suck on the glass and check,they re always full.Probably they eat part of that algae,some of the catappa leaves or bark as well.They re amazing little cleaners.After establishing my tank,almost everything was covered with diatom algae,i mean everything.In a couple of days they made it like new.

I m doing weekly maitnenance and water change.Desperate,i tried pulling out the siamensis and probably dispising them or trimming and replanting and i noticed that i pulled hard but they were well anchored in the substrate,which means they developed roots,no matter what the problem with their leaves are...so...something i did wrong...but something i did right...the question is what?

I ll just wait.Things in life move so fast,i thought the same happens with aquariums too

Change something. Give it time to take effect. Change something else. Dont do too much at once or you will have no idea what change had the effect you are observing.

Planted aquariums are about patience.

If you are keeping high demand, fast growing plants, you may see quicker results with your planted tank. But with your low demand, slow growing plants it a process.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom