What bulbs shoul I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fisherjoe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Am in the process of getting a 4 bulb t5HO light fixture.

This will be placed over a planted tank.

With all things aside, i am given the options of three types of bulbs 6500k 10,000k and acintic.

What would be my best choice in terms of these bulbs?

All 4 6500k?
2 6500k and 2 10,000k?

I would like to hear peoples opinions please :)

I have a 2 bulb T5-ho fixture and I have 1 6500k and one 10000k and my plants do fine. I was told by an experienced member on here that with those bulbs it doesn't matter what combination you get, it's just your preference.

Are you happy with the colour that is produced? Does it give a natural look to the tank?

Yah I like the look of it, here is a picture of the tank. Sorry its not that good, but maybe you can get an idea of what the lights look like. Also, if you want more natural, I think the 6500k looks more like natural sunlight.
413.jpg

adammorrill said:
Yah I like the look of it, here is a picture of the tank. Sorry its not that good, but maybe you can get an idea of what the lights look like. Also, if you want more natural, I think the 6500k looks more like natural sunlight.

Awesome tank. I love the retaining wall on the left.

This is the tank the new lights will be going on. Mostly sword plants.

Attachments

• image-287004982.jpg
    image-287004982.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 64
IMO, I would steer clear of acintic. As stated, any combination should work. Generally, the higher k value will give a bright white look and lower k value give a more natural look. This color may look a little yellow / tea color look.

Back
Top Bottom