Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-22-2017, 01:43 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

What Co2 rig do you use?

Hello everyone! It's me again. I apologize for the numerous posts in different forums- I'm new and excited and have so many questions but I'm trying to keep them to a minimum at first.

So... I have a 75g ( 20.75 inches deep) with a Finnex Planted+ 24/7 SE lighting structure. It is going to be dirted and capped with gravel and sand. It is a hope of mine to use Co2.

SO! ..... What kinds do you use on your tanks? Have any cool pictures? Know of websites that I can buy what I need to from? Any help is better than what I have right now haha. Thanks again.

TANK ON!

Old 06-22-2017, 01:57 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

What Co2 rig do you use?

You want a Grigg style reactor and a good co2 regulator. I have his reactor and it's great. If I would have known better when first starting out I would of bought a better regulator like what NilocG sells but I bought a cheap single stage regulator. You want a dual stage so you can adjust the working pressure. Single stage you cannot. Anyway here you go.
http://nilocg.com/co2-equiptment/

Old 06-22-2017, 02:20 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendenscott View Post
You want a Grigg style reactor and a good co2 regulator. I have his reactor and it's great. If I would have known better when first starting out I would of bought a better regulator like what NilocG sells but I bought a cheap single stage regulator. You want a dual stage so you can adjust the working pressure. Single stage you cannot. Anyway here you go.
http://nilocg.com/co2-equiptment/
Thank you! I think to save money, I'm going to buy one of those Co2 tanks people use for paintball. They are 5 pounds I believe, and much easier to refill. Thoughts?
Old 06-22-2017, 05:04 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

What Co2 rig do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPO View Post
Thank you! I think to save money, I'm going to buy one of those Co2 tanks people use for paintball. They are 5 pounds I believe, and much easier to refill. Thoughts?

Scrap that. 5lb is decent for your set up go bigger if u can as said above a reactor is a must in a tank your size. Either Griggs or cerges will work

Tags
co2

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com