what do i do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m-man

Aquarium Advice Regular
i recently ordered my ferts from GW, everything except nitrates, i thought my fish would be able to keep up, well they didn't , nitrates bottomed out, so i did a couple water changes to help remove the other ferts, trying to avoid algae, but when i came home i had a tank of green water, so i did some more water changes and a blackout for about 4 days (waiting for my potassium nitrate to come in the mail)
i got my package yesterday, did a water change, and dosed the correct amount of macros, and today i did csm+b, the water still looks like crap, should i wait and just keep the ferts in check?, or more water changes? , it has only been one day though so far

Patience young Jedi :) GW can take several days to correct. Just keep testing your water, make sure you're maintaining proper N, P, and K levels and give it some time. If, after several days, it still has not moderated, then it may be time for more serious measures, but algae is hardly ever a one-day fix. Let us know how things go and we can lead you in the right direction. This is really an easy one to beat now that you're on the right path :)

Back
Top Bottom