what do you do with your waste water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrek_vn2002

Aquarium Advice Activist
I use the waste water from water change (I'm afraid of using "WC" cz people may think it's toilet water!!) to water my little inhouse tropical "jungle"... I think there is something in the water that good for the plants? (ehh... :rolleyes:)
but you know, save the environment!! hehe

Waste water from a planted tank (since you posted in the planted tank forum) would be lower in nitrates than waste water from a non-planted, community tank. I sometimes water my potted houseplants with the waste water from my planted tanks, especially when I forget to water the houseplants with their own fertilized water, and I just give them a little water from the water change bucket since the houseplants and tanks are in the same room. Houseplants and terrestrial plants do like the nitrates that are usually present in tank waste water.

I do the same, or rather my wife waters her plants with the waste water.

I've had plants a lot longer than fish, and the one thing I can suggest is, be careful if you have a freshwater aquarium where some aquarium salt or other chemical (copper for one) has been added. My plants seem to like the water from my planted tank, but there's one salt-sensitive one which I don't give it to.

mine goes to the back yard to the trees and grass. no reason to waste good water. they trees never had as munch fruit or the grass greener.

Back
Top Bottom